** These recommendations are from the American College of Sports Medicine for healthy adults to maintain health. For weight loss and greater improvements, increased amounts of exercise are necessary in conjunction with a healthy diet**
- Includes muscular strength and endurance, calisthenics, balance, and agility exercises.
- Minimal of 2 to 3 times a week
- 60-80% of your 1 rep max or 5 to 6 or 5-6 on a perceived exertion scale of 1-10 for older adults
- 2-4 sets of 8-25 repetitions (8-12; 10-15; 15-20; depending on your goals)
- 8-10 exercises that include all major muscle groups (full body or split routine).
- Includes aerobics, cardiovascular, walking, running, swimming, biking, boxing, jump roping, hiking, etc
- Moderate intensity, such as walking, should be done at least 5 times a week for at least 30 minutes or more.
- Vigorous intensity, such as running and sprinting, should be done at least 3 times a week for at least 20-25 minutes.
- Combination of moderate and vigorous intensity for 3-5 times a week for 20-30 minutes can be combined.
- Also know as stretching and mobility exercise.
- At least 2-3 times a week
- All major muscle and tendon groups
- Stretch to the limit of mild discomfort within your Range of Motion
- At least 4 repetitions per muscle group.
- Includes dynamic, static, PNF